“ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES”
Professional and amateur photographers can now start sending their photo entries to the 2nd National Photography Competition of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR).
Using the theme “Only in the Philippines”, PAGCOR’s photo contest highlights the unique facets of the Filipino culture, the Pinoy way of life and a wide range of attractions that can only be found or experienced in the country.
The competition has two categories,
Conventional Photography and Mobile Photography. You may submit two (2) photos under 1 category or one (1) entry each on both categories. Just limit your submission to two (2) entries only. There will be 4 regional screenings in which five (5) finalists in each category will be selected and move on the the Grand Finals. Make sure to submit the photo you think shows the best in Filipinos or anything that is beautiful and endearing about the Philippines. Twelve (12) winners in the Conventional Photography category will win P75,000 cash + Trophy. Another twelve (12) winners in the Mobile Photography category will receive P30,000 cash + Trophy. Non-winners will each take home consolation prizes worth P20,000 and P5,000 respectively plus a Certificate of Merit. Lastly, P5,000 and Certificate of Recognition will be given to the Most Popular Photo with most likes.
- Open to all nationalities, at least 18 years old
- Note: Foreign nationals should present a valid passport and Philippine address where they stay during the contest period
- Theme: "Only in the Philippines"
- Two (2) Categories
- Conventional Photography - Photos taken using all types of traditional or conventional cameras like Single Lens Reflex (SLR) or Digital SLR, compact cameras and the like
- Mobile Photography - Photos taken using apps in all types of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets
- Entry Guidelines
- Must be in full color
- Should have no watermark
- Image must include "photo title" and "photo caption". The caption must indicate the place where the image was taken, and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about
- For Conventional Photography category - Should be in digital format/file (JPEG or JPG), 300 dpi, at least 1,600 pixels on one side (whether image is vertical or horizontal)
- For Mobile Photography category - Image quality must be set to Best mode
- Judging Criteria
- Adherence to Theme/Content
- Creativity and Originality
- Photographic Quality
- Visual Impact
- You are allowed to submit up to two (2) entries only. You may submit 2 entries under 1 category or 1 entry each on both categories
- There will be four (4) regional screenings (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao, Metro Manila). Five (5) finalists in each category will be selected and move on the the Grand Finals
- Sorting of regional entries shall be strictly residency-based
- A special prize will be given to the entry with most likes via PAGCOR FB page
- The decision of the judges are final and not appealable
Credits to: Boy Kuripot